Delta respects every employee’s right to support or not support representation by a third party. However, these organizations do not often share with you the facts or the risks and consequences of signing an A-Card, having an election, and becoming represented.
The decision to become represented by a third party would change the direct relationship that has made Delta the envy of the industry and fosters a culture of inclusiveness and ‘working together’ to run the best airline in the world.
Our Direct Relationship is Based on Mutual Respect
|| And sustains a culture that provides a voice to:
- Express concerns
- Present ideas
- Collaborate on solutions
- Directly provide and receive feedback
|| A direct relationship means:
- No requirement to deal through a third party outsider
- It’s free – no dues!
Rules Of The Road
Delta’s culture is founded upon strong core values and a clear set of unifying
behaviors. Rules of the Road outlines our core values:
- Honesty – Always tell the truth
- Integrity – Always keep your deals
- Respect – Don’t hurt anyone
- Perseverance – Try harder than all our competitors—never give up
- Servant Leadership – Care for our customers, our community and each other
What’s at stake if you sign an A-card?
Signing an A-Card may help trigger an election
|Once an election is called:
- A union may be voted in by a minority of your workgroup
- Changes to pay, benefits and work rules for your workgroup are effectively frozen until the election and appeals conclude – this often takes more than a year in large groups
|Once a union is elected:
- It’s almost impossible to go back to being non-union in a large group
- In a first contract you don’t start from where you are and negotiate up – pay, benefits and work rules are subject to negotiations where both sides would need to agree
- Initial contract negotiations often take years
- No improvements are typically made until an initial contract is ratified
- IAM airline contracts require you to pay dues or be terminated
Our culture and pay philosophy provide a leading package of total compensation, work rules and benefits – with none of the uncertainty, dues and tradeoffs of being in a union.